XML Shareable Playlist Format (XSPF), pronounced spiff, is a next-generation playlist format. This wiki is for developers.
The mime type for XSPF playlists is application/xspf+xml, although it has not yet been registered with IANA.
New Supporting Applications
These are applications which support XSPF and have not yet been added to the [[main applications list]].
* Jamendo (jamendo.com) * 'You have to be a member and to select "XSPF" in your preferences to use them by default, but you can look and test a sample playlist here :' http://www.jamendo.com/get/track/id/album/audio/xspf/1003/?aue=ogg2 * http://www.ArtistServer.com * on artist profile pages http://www.artistserver.com/bliss * on stations and playlists http://www.artistserver.com/stations/ * on genre pages http://www.artistserver.com/DownTempo * Project Opus http://projectopus.com * see http://www.projectopus.com/new-player for details * includes modified version of Fabricio's player
"We added: A Scrubber/Shuttle so the lister can move the playhead to any point along the song. Time Remaining Time Played Genre of Song Origin/Location (city) of artist
Of site specific stuff which my not be of interest to others is: Review song link: we were adding as a layer to the paler but, it got too large and ugly. Buy song link. And a bunch of nice styling/skin tweaks"
* Lacy Morrow's modified version of Fabricio's player: * project home and documentation at http://blog.geekkid.net/2006/04/xspf-files.html * example in action at http://geekkid.net/jukebox/ * trend of XSLT for xspf to html example * http://dokerlund.edhsweb.org/wordpress/archives/23 is announce * http://dokerlund.edhsweb.org/wordpress/xspf/media/playlist.xml is in practice
- Source control for source code, spec, xslt, validation: http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/xspf/
- Source control for web site: http://svn.xiph.org/websites/xspf.org/
- A survey of playlist formats, by Lucas Gonze
- Todo list for migrating mailing list from musicbrainz to xiph
This wiki is new as of spring 2005; are you looking for the old XSPF wiki?)