XML Shareable Playlist Format (XSPF), pronounced spiff, is a next-generation playlist format. This wiki is for developers.
The mime type for XSPF playlists is application/xspf+xml, although it has not yet been registered with IANA.
- XSPF reader for amaroK. See amarok bug 114360 for details. This would be a simple piece of C++ using QDom or Qt Sax. It would run on Gnu/Linux.
November 15, 2005: add XSPF Conformance Tests .
October 12, 2005: add XSPF Wish List section.
September 2, 2005: major site rewrite.
June 4, 2005: php4xspf is PHP classes for generating XSPF
- Source control for source code, spec, xslt, validation: http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/xspf/
- Source control for web site: http://svn.xiph.org/websites/xspf.org/
- A survey of playlist formats, by Lucas Gonze
- Todo list for migrating mailing list from musicbrainz to xiph
This wiki is new as of spring 2005; are you looking for the old XSPF wiki?)