Work In Progress
- Metadata: Various types of Ogg metadata including the M3F (Multimedia Metadata Format) and XMLEmbedding
- MIME_Types_and_File_Extensions: MIME Types and file extensions for Ogg multimedia files
- OggText: A generic media mapping for (discontinuous) text codecs into Ogg
- Ogg_Index: Introducting index headers into Ogg
- ROE: A description format for describing the tracks and languages etc. of an Ogg multitrack composition
- Subtle: Subtitling tool for professional use that intends to support most subtitle formats including CMML and OggKate
- Daala: A next-generation video codec research project. Daala ToDo list
- OggDirac: The "next-generation" wavelet based video codec. Supports lossy or lossless encoding.
- OggMNG: A mapping for encapsulating the MNG animation format in Ogg.
- OggOpus: A low-latency, lossy audio codec. Opus ToDo list
- Theora: A lossy video codec. Theora ToDo list
- OggKate: A codec for karaoke and text encapsulation in Ogg
- OggSpots: A mapping for encapsulating timed images in Ogg
- OggUVS: Uncompressed RGB and YUV video
Nobody working on these as far as we know.
- Ghost: A "next-generation" audio codec (vapourware so far -- don't hold your breath)
- IceShare: P2P content distribution
- Oggless: Embedding Xiph codecs like Vorbis in containers other than Ogg
- OggPCM: Uncompressed PCM audio (currently not implemented)
- OggRGB: Original uncompressed RGB video proposal
- OggWrit: Text phrase codec (e.g. subtitles)
- OggYUV: Original uncompressed YUV video proposal