Revision as of 07:40, 13 April 2008 by Fp
Vorbis rehuff code
Rehuff was a tool to losslessly compress Vorbis files. Latest rehuff version (see rehuff status), had some limits:
- it's not free software;
- it has a bug causing the rehuffed file can't correctly seek;
- it works only with stereo files.
Theora rehuff code
How to get it working
- Get the latest theora-exp:
- Compile rehuff code:
cd theora-exp ./autogen.sh cd unix make rehuff
- Use it:
./rehuff [-s <statsout.txt> ] <infile.ogg> <outfile.ogg>
A try on r14725 version
- Current version does not rehuff ogg vorbis files.
- Rehuffing is pretty fast.
- Rehuffed files, decoded with dump_video, are the same of the original files.
- Rehuffed files are about 0,4-1,5% smaller than original files.
- However, when played with QuickTime Player, using QuickTime Components, some rehuffed file seem more blurred at the beginning (e.g., look at the text A New Computer on the rehuff of this file http://www.polycrystal.org/lego/movies/A_New_Computer--med.ogg). This is not reproducible on VLC, so this may be only a problem of QuickTime Components.