Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ffmpeg2theora a commandline encoder from any format read by ffmpeg to Theora/Vorbis: svn, major releases, very latest versions of ffmpeg2theora (also ptalarbvorm) and some more stuff, mirror package (all-in-one, includes older versions)
- ffmpeg2dirac - fork of ffmpeg2theora, can enode into OGG Dirac but also Theora (obsolete)
- VLC Media Player Can transcode from any source it supports into Ogg/Theora. WARNING: Apparently creates broken Ogg streams.
- GStreamer GStreamer is a library that allows the construction of graphs of media-handling components, ranging from simple Vorbis playback to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing.
- Theorur is a GUI for Ogg/Theora streaming (Icecast2 system), written using gtk2.
- Handbrake is a GUI/CLI free software for ripping/encoding DVD/Files into various containers and formats including theora & vorbis since September 2008.
- firefogg is a Firefox extension that encodes locally and uploads in chunks or when encoding finishes
- Video to Theora Simple and clear video (any format) converter to Theora (serves as a frontend to ffmpeg2theora), Released at FEB 2013.
- Theora Converter .NET Batch converts almost any video file to OGG (.ogv) Theora format. This application is a graphical user interface for ffmpeg2theora 0.27. A GUI that supports 2 pass video encoding with Theora 1.1.1 (Thusnelda).
- Visonair.tv Ogg Streamer A Windows application to stream directly from a webcam to an Icecast server.
- Visonair.tv Virtual Stage Includes an application to encode to Theora, forces fixed size and encoding parameters though. Registration required.
- MediaCoder Application to encode media files into many target formats, including Theora.
- SUPER General purpose converter application, also serves as a frontend to ffmpeg2theora.
- FFCoder, general purpose converter
- The Wikipedia Theora Page provides an up to date list of software that can encode Theora.
- DSF DirectShow Filters for Windows allows playback and encoding of Ogg Theora/Vorbis in all Windows apps that use the DirectShow framework.
- Thoggen is a DVD backup utility ('DVD ripper') for Linux, based on GStreamer and Gtk+.
- Freej Freej is a realtime video mixer. It can stream Theora and Vorbis live to Icecast. Check here for more info.
- OggConvert is a small Gnome utility which uses GStreamer to convert (almost) any media file to Vorbis, Theora and Dirac.
- Frontend for ffmpeg2theora is a KDE GUI for ffmpeg2theora.
- Katiuska is a KDE theora encoder GUI. It uses ffmpeg2theora, mencoder, the encoder_example that comes with the theora libs and a little gpl bash script.
Mac OS X
- XiphQT allows you to export from Quicktime, or any application supporting Quicktime (i.e. Final Cut Pro), to Theora/Vorbis.
- Simple Theora Encoder an ffmpeg2theora frontend
- Theora Hardware: List of hardware-players supporting Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwarePlayers: List of media players that can play Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwareEncoders: List of software that can encode to Ogg Theora
- TheoraDecoders: List of decoder implementations
- TheoraEncoders: List of encoder implementations
- List of Theora videos: Get some files to see what the codec's like
- Games that use Theora: List of known games that use Theora
- TheoraTestsuite: Different samples to test player compliance