Template:Encoding with Daala
Encoding a Video
Get a sample video or two in .y4m format from media.xiph.org.
These videos are relatively large and will take a long time to encode.
There are subsets of 1-second-long videos for faster encoding:
Xiph also maintains a set of still-image collections in .y4m format:
- Subset 1 (50 images, small training set)
- Subset 2 (50 images, small testing set)
- Subset 3 (1000 images, large training set)
- Subset 4 (1000 images, large testing set)
Using the encoder
Encode the video:
./examples/encoder_example -v 30 video.y4m -o video.ogv
- -v ??? specifies the amount of compression (currently from 0 to 511, where 0 is lossless, 511 is very lossy)
- video.y4m is the input video you want to encode
- -o video.ogv is the name of the encoded video file to output.
Use encoder_example.exe -h for the in-built help.