Vorbis Software Players
Here is a list of media players for various OSes that comes with "out-of-the-box" support for Ogg Vorbis.
- cleanse uninstaller: cleanse uninstaller the fast easy and complete uninstaller, uninstall any program with safety and ease.
- wxmusik: open source player with support for ogg vorbis, as well as mp3, wav, aiff and wma. makes use of an sql based media libary for quick searching
- coolplayer: very small open source player
- mediaportal: open source home theater software
- mpeg audio collection: organizer for music collection
- mediamonkey: free easy-to-use player/tagger/media library with built-in ripper & burner. can even encode & transcode to ogg vorbis
- winamp: very popular player supporting many formats.
- foobar2000: freeware player with complex options and support for ogg vorbis, mp3, wav and more
- quintessential player: freeware player with support for ogg vorbis, mp3, wav and audio cds. also includes cd ripping
- dbpoweramp audio player: freeware player with ogg vorbis and flac support
- dbpoweramp music converter: freeware audio conversion software with ogg vorbis and flac support. also includes cd ripping
- ashampoo media player+: audio and video player
- mediajukebox: audio management
- muzikbrowser: player designed for display on a tv screen
- musicmagic mixer: player with playlist management
- zinf: zinf is not freeamp, freeware player
- vuplayer: multi-format freeware audio player with very easy interface.
- directshow filter: adds support for ogg vorbis, ogg speex, ogg theora, ogg flac, and native flac to any directshow-compliant player such as windows media player and bsplayer
- musikcube: freeware player
- ksp sound player: freeware player with lyrics, media library, suggestion searching and automatic playlist generation
- visonair.tv player: freeware player - plays ogg vorbis and theora streams
- jetaudio basic: freeware player with ogg vorbis and flac support.
- huelix audio recorder: audio recording software with support for ogg vorbis, wma, mp3, and wav formats.
- huelix audio converter: audio conversion software to convert among ogg vorbis, wma, mp3, and wav formats.
- VLC Media Player: Open Source media player and streaming server that support virtually every video and audio format
- Mplayer: Open Source video player that supports also many audio formats
- JOrbisPlayer: Java Player that uses the JOrbis Java decoder
- jlGui: Winamp clone for Java
- Zinf: Open Source player with support for Ogg Vorbis, as well as MP3, WAV and Audio CDs.
- SnackAmp: Tcl/Tk player
- HelixPlayer: Open source player from RealNetworks
- RealPlayer: Commercial player from RealNetworks (version 10 does not play ogg)
- Microsoft Windows Media Player: Freeware player from Microsoft (version 10 needs DirectShow filter; see Windows players, above). Runs on both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- mpxplay: supports many formats
- JuK: Open Source player for KDE with support for Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3.
- amaroK: Open Source player for KDE with support for Ogg Vorbis among other formats, streaming, Last.FM, lyrics and covert art download and many many more.
- Muine: Open Source player for GNOME with support for Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3.
- wxMusik: Open Source player with support for Ogg Vorbis, as well as MP3, WAV and AIFF. Makes use of an SQL based media libary for quick searching.
- MPD: Music Player Daemon is a sound server that supports different clients. Supports many formats, among them Ogg Vorbis and FLAC
- AlsaPlayer: ALSA audio player - "First player worldwide that did perfect reverse Ogg playback!"
- Cplay: Curses frontend for ogg123, mpg123 etc
- Xine: Video player with long list of supported formats
- Noatun: KDE audio player
- CAJUN: Car audio system
- GiantDisc: Jukebox system that can be controlled by a Palm
- s.q.u.e.l.c.h.: Vorbis only player
- MythTV: PVR project
- Beep Media Player (a.k.a. BMP): XMMS fork that uses GTK+ 2.x and is compatible with both XMMS and Winamp skins
- GQmpeg: GTK frontend for mpg123/ogg123 etc
- BossOgg: Jukebox system
- PyTone: Python-based jukebox player
- LAMIP: Modular audio player
- Quodlibet: Based on GStreamer 0.10 and PyGTK. Keep your music organised.
Mac OS X
- Cog – requires Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) and greater
- Quicktime components for Quicktime 6 and Quicktime 7 – enables rudimentary support for iTunes 4.7 and greater
- Whamb – supports Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Vorbis streams, requires Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) and greater
- kJams – Karaoke program which supports encoding (or re-encoding) of any audio type to Ogg Vorbis, enables editing of comments with the VCEdit Framework, requires 10.3 and the XiphQT package. More Info.
- The GP32, an arm9tdmi portable console with much hackability (gcc3 toolchain, expandable memory), has several Vorbis players available.
- The Zaurus, a very flexible PDA which runs Linux, can play Vorbis files with a variety of software, including a plugin for the default media player, xmms, ogg123, mplayer, or theKompany.com’s tkcPlayer.
- The Xbox Media Center is an open source project that transforms a modded Xbox with Linux into a media center and streaming client.
- The Media Digital Media Player is a streaming client solution for the Playstation 2.
- The PSPlayerMT is an "unsupported" Korean media player for the PSP. The specs claim it will play Ogg Theora and ogg audio.
- Moonshell is a homebrew media player for the Nintendo DS. It can play Ogg Vorbis. It has two Vorbis decoders (both using Tremor), a "high accuracy" one limited to 128kbps average, and a "normal accuracy" one that can use higher bitrates, the default being the normal one.
- Pocket Tunes: Commercial software: $14.95, free 15-day trial.
- AeroPlayer: Free for Ogg. Mp3 Support costs $20.00.
- POggPl: A free open source player, that is still in alpha-stage.
- The Magic Lantern: Another open source player in alpha-stage.
- The Core Pocket Media Player: (Formerly BetaPlayer) Open source media player that uses Tremor also available for Palm OS
- Conduits Pocket Player: Commercial player, free evaluation available.
- GSPlayer: This is a free player.
- PocketOgg: Open Source player that uses Tremor
- PocketMusic: Commercial player.
- The Core Pocket Media Player: (Formerly BetaPlayer) Open source media player that uses Tremor
- OGG Vorbis Controller: Plugin for Symbian's Multimedia Framework that allows decoding and playing back of Ogg Vorbis compressed audio files
For hardware "mp3-players" that support Ogg Vorbis see VorbisHardware