Re your XiphQT edit: what's wrong about it? The QT components certainly don't work on newer OSX/iTunes.
- I posted this on the trac:
And mjpieters kind of went off half cocked and declared it a 64 bit issue there and here. But, I'm running 32 bit windows. It's an issue, but not a 64 bit issue. It might work in 10.5.1, but I haven't checked yet. Best not to get people to waste time on something that isn't going to work. - Richfife 16:46, 28 November 2011 (PST)
I see, thanks. Can we just say 'iTunes 10.5 doesn't work with the XiphQT components'?
- Probably. Someone on the internets said that 10.5.1 fixes the problem, but I can't find the link anymore and haven't had time to check personally. - Richfife 16:50, 28 November 2011 (PST)
- Installing 10.5.1. May god have mercy on my soul (crosses self) - Richfife 16:54, 28 November 2011 (PST)
- It works! Sweet. - Richfife 17:30, 28 November 2011 (PST)
NB, I suspect this only works on win32 and mac ppc, not on newer MacOS. That's where the 64 bit idea came from.
- It's possible. - Richfife 17:39, 28 November 2011 (PST)