Jump to navigation Jump to search
Open for Beta 1
- Main things from rillian's todo are:
- Add API call to request a duplicate compressed frame.
- Change spec and implementation of the Ogg mapping to base granulepos on the count of decoded frames rather than the index of the current frames to match other Xiph codecs. Recommendation from Thomasvs.
- API cleanup. Add theora_ctl() for setting codec options, and move non-info-header data out of the theora_info struct into theora_state. rillian wanted to do this for beta 1, but the alpha api has been in use so long, it's now felt that we should maintain compatibility for the 1.0 release.
- Specs are finished.
- API updates: theora_packet_isheader(), theora_packet_iskeyframe(), theora_encoder_ctl(), theora_decoder_ctl() were added in 1.0 alpha 4.
- The encoder/decoder inloop filter mismatch was fixed in 1.0 alpha 4.
- Zero-length-packet is duplicate frame as per the spec was implemented in 1.0 alpha 6.
- MMX optimizations for encoding from /branches/theora-mmx/ were merged in 1.0 alpha 6 and enabled in 1.0 alpha 7.
- According to this ticket, beta 1 should ship with a decoder supporting the whole spec.