- Spec is finished
Open for Beta1
- Main things from rillian's todo are:
- API updates. theora_packet_isheader(), theora_packet_iskeyframe(), theora_encoder_ctl(), theora_decoder_ctl() (already done in alpha4?)
- implement non-vp3 qi matrix support in the reference decoder
- implement per-block qi switching as per the spec
- <acolwell> the encoder/decoder inloop filter mismatch should probably be fixed before Beta 1 as well (already done in alpha4?)
this can wait for the next beta
- add some sort of mmx(?) wims,VP3HoSwiYO or rodolphes sugestion?
- we also need 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 pixel format support in the reference codec
Is beta1 supposed to ship with a decoder supporting the whole spec (comparison: Vorbis rc1/rc2)?
4:4:4 and 10 bit per channel extensions
I would like to ask a question. Will Theora support 4:4:4 colorspace and 10 bit per color channel? I'm asking this cause I see it as an amazing alternative to closed codecs for High Definition stuff. Also, if Theora supports these two basic Professional features, seeing that even Elphel guys are implementing it on FPGA, it could really become a wide adopted industry standard codec. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.