Summer of Code Mentoring
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Xiph.org Application as a mentoring organization
We need to apply for consideration as a mentoring organization 2008 March 3-12. Google lists the following questions in their faq. Our work-in-progress answers are inline.
- Describe your organization.
- Why is your organization applying to participate in GSoC 2008? What do you hope to gain by participating?
- Did your organization participate in past GSoCs? If so, please summarize your involvement and the successes and challenges of your participation.
- If your organization has not previously participated in GSoC, have you applied in the past? If so, for what year(s)?
- Who will your organization administrator be? Please include Google Account information.
- What license(s) does your project use?
- What is the URL for your ideas page?
- What is the main development mailing list or forum for your organization?
- What is the main IRC channel for your organization?
- Does your organization have an application template you would like to see students use? If so, please provide it now.
- Who will be your backup organization administrator? Please include Google Account information.
- Who will your mentors be? Please include Google Account information.
- What criteria did you use to select these individuals as mentors? Please be as specific as possible.
- What is your plan for dealing with disappearing students?
- What is your plan for dealing with disappearing mentors?
- What steps will you take to encourage students to interact with your project's community before, during and after the program?
- What will you do to ensure that your accepted students stick with the project after GSoC concludes?