Summer of Code 2009
Students please use the template at Summer of Code Applications when applying for a GSoC position.
Mentors please visit Summer of Code Mentoring and help us prepare our application as a mentoring organization.
- Proof of concept liboggplay-based media patch for Google's Chrome browser.
- mod_duration apache module to generate X-Content-Duration headers for Ogg files.
- Get skeleton patches upstream so players stop choking on it.
- Portable listening application for codec MOS/MUSHRA comparisons (Win32, MacOS, Linux; FF3.1 web application?).
- Conference bridge using CELT.
- Reference SIP client for CELT.
- Firefox extension to record locally and stream to icecast.
- Firefox extension to support RTP for conferencing.
Detailed Project Descriptions
These ideas were suggested by various members of the developer community as projects that would be beneficial and which we feel we can mentor. Students should feel free to select one of these, develop a variation, or propose their own ideas. Here, ideally.
Proof of Concept liboggplay (html5 video) support in Chrome Browser
This project would focus on creating a patch for basic liboggplay support into chrome. This project would only need to be a proof of concept with the end result being some frames decoded in the browser. Buffering, and full html5 video feature set support would not need to be addressed.
- Improve transcript import / export system:
- Wiki to SRT
- SRT to Wiki
- CMML to Wiki
- Extend oggz_chop or other tool for exporting transcript encapsulated in the ogg file.