- aarch64 and AVX optimizations
- Low bitrate quality improvements
- Ogg mapping. See [IETF draft]
- Matroska mapping. See: MatroskaOpus And firefox/ffmpeg implementation
- RTP payload format. Mono/stereo mapping is complete [RFC 7587], no multichannel mapping yet.
- De-uglify webpage - some suggestions:
- write about codecs obsoleted by OPUS (Speex, CELT, Vorbis(?), and the prop. ones)
- write about implementations (libopus encoder/decoder, libavcodec decoder, any others?)
- comparison table (Opus, Vorbis, Speex, ..., MP5) of features (channels, freq, bits per sample, license, language (C89), integer impl. (Vorbis decoder only, Opus YES, ...)
- future use in video files (Theora? Dirac? WebM? other future codecs...)
- audio files for storage (like Vorbis, no raw Opus defined, only inside OGG), ...
- Promotional material (some nice free/public-domain sounds/radio stations in Opus format)
- Oggz-validate (should also validate opus toc)
- Port opusdec to libopusfile/libopusurl.
- A simple real time streaming example tool
- Start with opusrtp.c in opus-tools
opusrtp rtp://example.com:5431/listen to that host and port and mux packets from there. Generalize the cpac bases --sniff implementation
- Make sending similarly generic. Maybe just
opusrtp source.opus -o rtp://example.com:5431/to send source.opus out to the destination?
- Make --sniff save one file per
- Implement DTLS-SRTP. See webrtc.
- audio capture/encode, decode/playback?
- Parse and act on sdp for convenience and testing.
- EBU R128/Replaygain (half done— needs a gain tool)
- Apply spreading to energy masking
- More conservative energy masking (not just mean difference) and dynalloc
- Allow SILK/hybrid on center channel for voice?
- Adaptive width narrowing and forced intensity stereo bands
- Vectorising comb_filter()
- Use 16-bit mul plus shift in denormalise_bands()
- Optimise MDCT somehow
Third-Party tool enhancements
- psymodel based VBR
- Remove copy in inverse MDCT
- Save some float<->int conversions
- Improvements to LP mode CBR (greg has some code)
- Unconstrained SILK VBR
- Better handling for the case where FEC has a different bandwidth than the current mode
- PLC transitions on unprotected SILK-SILK bandwidth changes?
- Figure out how to use speech/music detection optimally
- find optimal switching time (low energy/tonality)
- Improve variable frame size