In an effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia the Xiph.org Foundation develops a multitude of amazing products. This wiki describes our free and open protocols and software.
Demonstrations of Xiph technologies
Want to hear or see Xiph in action? These projects are using our codecs, formats, or libraries.
- VorbisStreams: Stations streaming with the Vorbis codec
- Games that use Vorbis: Games using the Vorbis codec for music or sound effects
- VorbisHardware: Hardware players using the Vorbis codec
- VorbisSoftwarePlayers: list of media players with out-of-box support for Ogg Vorbis
- List of Theora videos: Available videos encoded with Theora
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommended container for Xiph codecs.
- Ogg Skeleton: Skeleton information on all logical content bitstreams in Ogg.
- SpeexRTP: RTP payload format for voice
- VorbisRTP: RTP payload format for general audio
- TheoraRTP: RTP payload format for video
- XSPF: XML playlist format
- Compressed Audio/Video Codecs:
- Timed Text/Metadata Codecs:
- Other software
- OggComponent/VorbisComponent: Wrappers to integrate Ogg-Vorbis into Mac OS X