In an effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia the Xiph.Org Foundation develops a multitude of amazing products. This wiki describes our free and open protocols and software.
Demonstrations of Xiph technologies
Want to hear or see Xiph in action? These projects are using our codecs, formats, or libraries.
- Vorbis Streams: Stations streaming with the Vorbis codec
- Games that use Vorbis: Games using the Vorbis codec for music or sound effects
- Vorbis Hardware: Hardware players using the Vorbis codec
- Vorbis Software Players: list of media players with out-of-box support for Vorbis
- Theora Hardware: Hardware using the Theora video codec
- Theora Software Players: list of media players with Theora support
- List of Theora videos: Sources for video encoded with Theora
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommended container for Xiph codecs.
- Ogg Skeleton: Skeleton information on all logical content bitstreams in Ogg.
- Specification of MIME types and respective codecs parameter
- SpeexRTP: RTP payload format for voice
- VorbisRTP: RTP payload format for general audio
- TheoraRTP: RTP payload format for video
- XSPF: XML Sharable Playlist Format
- Compressed Audio/Video Codecs:
- Uncompressed Audio/Video Codecs:
- OggPCM: Audio codec
- Timed Text/Metadata Codecs:
- Other software
- How to help
- Spread Open Media: project to promote Xiph formats.
- MailOgging: provides templates for anyone willing to contact a company requesting them to add support for Xiph formats.
- People: Who's who in Xiph.
Work in Progress
- Work In Progress: codecs and software still in the research and development stages.
- Todo: To-do list for various Xiph projects.
- AdminProcesses: who's in charge of what project
- MonthlyMeeting: page with information on Xiph's MonthlyMeeting
- MailingLists: list of Xiph's mailing lists
- Bounties: list of bounties that you can take to improve Xiph's projects
Resources for Video and Audio programmers
- Ambisonics: page with technical information on Ambisonics
- Courses and papers on Audio, Music and Speech: page with links to MIT and other universities' content
- Oggless: for ideas on how to use the different Xiph codecs outside Ogg
- Translations: What about some translation work
- Sandbox: Testbed for testing editing skills
- XiphWiki:Copyrights: License used for all content on the XiphWiki