What's happening in the world of Xiph? See Wikipedia:Current events for an example of what this should become like.
- The Vorbis RTP draft became RFC 5215
- The Ogg Media Types draft became RFC 5334
- vorbis-tools 1.3.0 beta1 was released
- FFMPEG2THEORA 0.21 released Download
- Launch of Spread Open Media 2.0 with full Spanish translation
- Release of vorbis-tools 1.2.0
- Release of CELT's website
Release of FLAC 1.2.0 (Jul 24) and libvorbis 1.2.0 (Jul 25).
- New in FLAC: minor speedup, internal changes, same compression as 1.1.4
- New in Vorbis: security bug fixed, better multiplex stream support
Things are happening in Xiph.
- ffmpeg2theora 0.19 was released (2007-06-29).
- libao 0.8.8 was released.
- the XSPF Validator has moved to //validator.xspf.org
- the MIME Types and File Extensions proposal is now an official Xiph recommendation; RFC to follow
VLSI Solution Oy has announced VS1000, the first 16 bits DSP device for playing Ogg Vorbis on low-power and high-volume products.
RAD Game Tools, which makes multimedia engines for several videogames, has now incorporated Ogg Vorbis support in their Miles Sound System. Their official announcement regarding Ogg Vorbis support can be found here.
Speex 220.127.116.11 released.
Icecast 2.3.1 released.