Jump to navigation Jump to search
Spreading/folding/strike> Uniform quantisation/strike> Control over the amount of spreading/folding introduced/strike> Make it have the same shape as the rest of the spectrum
- Band layout (spacing)
- Bit allocation
- Main table
- qtheta offset
- fine offset
- energy prediction parameters (means, decay)
- Spreading/folding parameter
- Energy weighting pre- or post-normalization?
- Include energy shape?
- Partial remixing of short blocks?
- Dynamic allocation
- Include a way to deviate from the normal bit allocation?
- Better stereo coupling
- Better support for "intensity stereo"?
Other decisions to make
- Should we use raw bits or not?
- What should we do about remaining bits after the last PVQ?
- more fine energy?
- encode bands backward?
- allow "fractional pulses"
- Include a configuration packet for more flexibility? (probably not)
- Use a min width for ebands that's equal to the number of short blocks?