This talk introduces CELT, a new open source codec from Xiph.Org designed for high-quality communication with very low delay. CELT is designed to bridge the gap between Speex and Vorbis by providing very high quality speech and music with less than 10 ms delay.
- We want very high quality VoIP/videoconference/...
- Speex doesn't reach a high enough quality level and Vorbis has too much latency.
- For once, open-source is ahead of the proprietary codecs.
- Explaining why latency is an issue
- How CELT works
- API and writing for low latency
- Comparison, samples
- Low-delay demo (e.g. vs Skype or Ekiga)