Revision as of 02:26, 22 November 2006 by Saoshyant
I have not waived copyright on any of my contributions, which are *not* in the public domain. Andrel 08:59, 13 November 2006 (PST)
- Well, something had to be put on that page, and now that I look at it, I probably should have started a discussion on it first. Pretty irresponsible. Go me.
- I doubt though that most people would appreciate using GFDL for wiki contributions, and considering specifications under Xiph are always (usually?) under the PD, the wiki stuff, I thought, should be under it too.
- Let's start a proper discussion on this as I believe it's an important matter, considering other places may/will want to use content from the wiki.--Saoshyant 06:08, 14 November 2006 (PST)
- I tend to prefer copyleft for my work, but I understand and respect the reasons Xiph has chosen to use other licenses for their code. My biggest objection to public domain here is the lack of BSDish warranty disclaimer. Andrel 14:21, 14 November 2006 (PST)
- BSD and its cousin MIT X/11 have both been used for man pages and other documentation. I haven't spent much time reading the CC licenses, because of their no-commercial-use clauses. Andrel 16:52, 20 November 2006 (PST)
- The NC clause is totally optional. For this wiki, BY-SA is probably the best option.--Saoshyant 01:26, 22 November 2006 (PST)