XML Shareable Playlist Format (XSPF), pronounced spiff, is a next-generation playlist format. Development is led by Lucas Gonze.
The mime type for XSPF playlists is application/xspf+xml, although it has not yet been registered with IANA.
- XSPF Todo list for moving the XSPF project to new home at Xiph.
- XSPF FAQ for communicating to Xiph people what XSPF is.
- Web home outside of Xiph: http://xspf.org
- Web home at Xiph: http://xspf.xiph.org
- Wiki outside of Xiph: http://playlist.musicbrainz.org/playlist/moin.cgi/
- Source control for source code, spec, xslt, validation: http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/xspf/
- Source control for web site: http://svn.xiph.org/websites/xspf.org/
- A survey of playlist formats, by Lucas Gonze