Vorbis is a patent-clear, fully open general purpose audio encoding format standard that rivals or surpasses the 'upcoming' generation of proprietary coders (AAC and TwinVQ, also known as VQF). Vorbis is most often used in the Ogg container format. It is then called Ogg Vorbis.
libvorbis, a BSD-licensed source implementation of Vorbis as a library is available; See the Ogg Vorbis page for documentation, downloads and distribution terms.
Further, many players support Ogg Vorbis; see vorbis.com for a list of all the players we know about.
- VorbisHardware: List of hardware-players supporting Ogg Vorbis
- Games that use Vorbis: List of games using Ogg Vorbis
- VorbisTools: Reference tools maintained by Xiph.org
- VorbisSoftwarePlayers: List of media players that can play Ogg Vorbis
- VorbisSoftwareEncoders: List of libvorbis frontends
- VorbisDecoders: List of decoders (e.g. Xiph, Tremor, JOrbis, etc)
- VorbisEncoders: List of encoders (e.g. Xiph, aoTuV, GT)