The Elphel 333 can encode a Theora stream.
Hardware decoders for Theora are just beginning to appear. The Google "Summer Of Code 2006" produced an FPGA decoder implementation in Verilog.
Here are two presentations that the author of the SOC proposal presented in his University:
- Theora Hardware: List of hardware-players supporting Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwarePlayers: List of media players that can play Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwareEncoders: List of software that can encode to Ogg Theora
- TheoraDecoders: List of decoder implementations
- TheoraEncoders: List of encoder implementations
- List of Theora videos: Get some files to see what the codec's like
- Games that use Theora: List of known games that use Theora
- TheoraTestsuite: Different samples to test player compliance