some samples to test your theora decoder
a decoder must play all these files without problems to comply with the theora specification.
320x240.ogg [0.3 MB]
- simplest example
320x240.ogv [0.3 MB]
- simple example with Skeleton Stream
320x240.skeleton+cmml.ogv [0.3 MB]
- simple example with Skeleton and CMML Stream; decoders should read the Skeleton stream to identify the other streams in Ogg and ignore those that are not supported by the application
pixel_aspect_ratio.ogg [1.8 MB]
- Aspect Ratio defined in header to 1.82/1 , it also has a theora comment header
- Aspect Ratio defined in header to 1.33/1 (PAL DVD format)
- both dimensions not divisible by 16 but still even - if you see a black border around the testimage you should have a look at the Spec/2.2 on page 22, to see how to use: ti.width, ti.height, ti.frame_width, ti.frame_height, ti.offset_x, ti.offset_y
- one dimension divisible by 16 while the other one isn't
- odd dimensions
chained_streams.ogg [2.4 MB]
- all other samples as a chained stream. (see Spec/A.3.1 on page 157)
multi2.ogg [171 K]
- another chained file
mobile_itu601_i_422.ogg [8 MB]
- 4:2:2 pixel format, in the original spec and supported by the mainline decoder since alpha8 and the mainline encoder since 1.1.
ducks_take_off_444_720p25.ogg [7.2 MB]
- Ogg Theora video 4:4:4 pixel format, 1280x720 pixels, 25 fps, 213 frames
stockholm-vfr.ogg [1.8 MB]
- Hybrid 24fps/30fps clip encoded as 120fps with dropped frames.
offset_test.ogv [0.2 MB] (10 frames, 1 fps, no visible movement, visible frame 512 x 512)
- Ogg Theora video with large offset, output should look like offset_test.pass.png, but not like offset_test.fail.png.
sign_irene_cif-3qi-b.ogg [1.3 MB]
- Ogg Theora video using 3qi (adaptive quantization).
- Ogg Theora video chroma siting test.
- Firefox (3.6)
- Seems to pass all tests (not sure about the 322x242 "not divisible by 16" - there is a black line ...)
- But high requirements to play (especially large) videos, behaves badly if hardware is insufficient to play in real-time
- MPLAYER (r30886 2010-03-13)
- OGG and Theora support has been inferior for years (but mostly worked with encoders from given era), improved at beginning of 2010
- Recently fixed issues:
- Remaining issues:
- Offset test fails, shows what shouldn't be visible BUG #1492, open since 2009-06-14
- Output to YUV4MPEG always downsampled to 4:2:0 (flaw, no Bugzilla entry exists)
- VLC 1.0.5
- Theora decoder seems fully compliant, tiny problems specific to some videos or systems (fixing in progress)
- Video duration is reported badly or not at all
- DUGL Player 0.44
- Theora decoder seems fully compliant, but no sound yet