Revision as of 01:15, 2 April 2008 by Fp (added theorur)
- ffmpeg2theora a commandline encoder from any format read by ffmpeg to Theora/Vorbis: svn, latest releases.
- VLC Media Player Can transcode from any source it supports into Ogg/Theora. WARNING: Apparently creates broken Ogg streams.
- GStreamer GStreamer is a library that allows the construction of graphs of media-handling components, ranging from simple Vorbis playback to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing.
- Theorur is a GUI for Ogg/Theora streaming (icecast2 system), written using gtk2.
- Visonair.tv Ogg Streamer A Windows application to stream directly from a webcam to an Icecast server.
- Visonair.tv Virtual Stage Includes an application to encode to Theora, forces fixed size and encoding parameters though. Registration required.
- GFrontend ffmpeg2theora GUI Frontend for ffmpeg2theora
- MediaCoder Application to encode media files into many target formats, including Theora.
- SUPER General purpose converter application, also serves as a frontend to ffmpeg2theora.
- Thoggen is a DVD backup utility ('DVD ripper') for Linux, based on GStreamer and Gtk+.
- Freej Freej is a realtime video mixer. It can stream Theora and Vorbis live to icecast. Check here for more info.
- OggConvert is a small Gnome utility which uses GStreamer to convert (almost) any media file to Vorbis, Theora and Dirac.
Mac OS X
- XiphQT allows you to export from Quicktime, or any application supporting Quicktime (i.e. Final Cut Pro), to Theora/Vorbis.
- Simple Theora Encoder an ffmpeg2theora frontend
- Theora Hardware: List of hardware-players supporting Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwarePlayers: List of media players that can play Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwareEncoders: List of software that can encode to Ogg Theora
- TheoraDecoders: List of decoder implementations
- TheoraEncoders: List of encoder implementations
- List of Theora videos: Get some files to see what the codec's like
- Games that use Theora: List of known games that use Theora
- TheoraTestsuite: Different samples to test player compliance