Jump to navigation Jump to search
Open for Beta 1
- According to this ticket, beta 1 should ship with a decoder supporting the whole spec.
- Main things from rillian's todo are:
- Implement non-vp3 qi matrix support in the reference decoder.
- Implement per-block qi switching as per the spec.
- Add API call to request a duplicate compressed frame.
- Change spec and implementation of the Ogg mapping to base granulepos on the count of decoded frames rather than the index of the current frames to match other Xiph codecs. Recommendation from Thomasvs.
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 pixel format support in the reference codec.
This can wait for the next beta but doesn't have to
- Add some sort of mmx(?) wims,VP3HoSwiYO or rodolphes sugestion?
- API cleanup. Add theora_ctl() for setting codec options, and move non-info-header data out of the theora_info struct into theora_state. rillian wanted to do this for beta 1, but the alpha api has been in use so long, it's now felt that we should maintain compatibility for the 1.0 release.
- Specs are finished.
- API updates: theora_packet_isheader(), theora_packet_iskeyframe(), theora_encoder_ctl(), theora_decoder_ctl() were added in 1.0 alpha 4.
- The encoder/decoder inloop filter mismatch was fixed in 1.0 alpha 4.
- Implement zero-length-packet is duplicate frame as per the spec. This will be in 1.0 alpha 6.