Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kate is going to have support for all languages in the world, right ?
(This can be userfull to make a video where a user can choose the right subtitle language.)
- OggKate supports Unicode (UTF-8), so yes. Martin Leese 15:46, 29 January 2008 (PST)
- With the right fonts, I have a test stream that displays Japanese, Arabic, Chinese, as
- well as Latin characters. The only thing left open there is how to deal with languages
- like Arabic which are written right to left.
- The language in a stream is set in the header as a language/region tag, such as en_US,
- or just en.