Summer of Code 2008
Students please use the template at Summer of Code Applications when applying for a GSoC position.
We need a primary and backup mentor volunteer for any project that is to become an official proposal, but submit something and we'll see who we can round up. :)
Project ideas go here
- Transcode/Tag/Upload tool for Theora et al. (ideally as a firefox extension so web cms integration is easy)
- Theora encoding support in GIMP
- Speex support in IceS
- Better stream source gui for dvswitch
- Multiplexing support (so one can play audio from video files)
- Isn't this already done with the vorbisfile support in 1.2.0?
- XSPF support in ogg123, other players
- Initial support for OggPCM in some of our tools
- OggMNG tools
Guidelines for Applying
Remember that many people will apply to work on the Summer of Code.
Keep in mind that those of us evaluating your application do not know you, we do not know what kind of experience you have, we do not know what you have done in the past and we have to pick the best people suited for a particular task.
Hence, it is very important that you tell us in your email why you should be considered to implement a particular project. Please use the application template at Summer of Code Applications as a starting point.