- Tune mode switching decisions
Use SILK up to higher rates on voice
Adapt stereo SILK/CELT threshold based on stereo width
- Tune hybrid rate allocation?
- Figure out how to use speech/music detection optimally
- find optimal switching time (low energy/tonality)
- Improve variable frame size
- Tune transient detector?
- Use ALLOC in tonality analysis
- LOTS of testing
- Ogg mapping. See [IETF draft]
- Matroska mapping. See: MatroskaOpus
- RTP payload format See [IETF draft]
- De-uglify webpage - some suggestions: write about codecs obsoleted by OPUS (Speex, CELT, Vorbis(?), and the prop. ones), write about implementations (is there only one so far?), comparison table (Opus, Vorbis, Speex, ..., MP5) of features (channels, freq, bits per sample, license, language (C89), integer impl. (Vorbis decoder only, Opus YES, ...), future use in video files (Theora? Dirac? WebM? other future codecs...), audio files for storage (like Vorbis, no raw Opus defined, only inside OGG), ...
- Promotional material (some nice free or Public domain sounds in Opus format)
- Oggz-validate (should also validate opus toc)
- A simple real time streaming example tool
- Replaygain (half done— needs a gain tool)
- Apply spreading to energy masking
- More conservative energy masking (not just mean difference) and dynalloc
- Allow SILK/hybrid on center channel for voice?
- Adaptive width narrowing and forced intensity stereo bands
- Test exp_analysis and void_my_warranty.patch
- psymodel based VBR
- Remove copy in inverse MDCT
- Save some float<->int conversions
- Improvements to LP mode CBR (greg has some code)
- Better handling for the case where FEC has a different bandwidth than the current mode
- PLC transitions on unprotected SILK-SILK bandwidth changes?