In an effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia the Xiph.Org Foundation develops a multitude of amazing products. This wiki describes our free and open protocols and software.
Demonstrations of Xiph technologies
Want to hear or see Xiph in action? These projects are using our codecs, formats, or libraries.
- VorbisStreams: Stations streaming with the Vorbis codec
- Games that use Vorbis: Games using the Vorbis codec for music or sound effects
- VorbisHardware: Hardware players using the Vorbis codec
- VorbisSoftwarePlayers: list of media players with out-of-box support for Ogg Vorbis
- TheoraHardware: Hardware using the Theora video codec
- List of Theora videos: Available videos encoded with Theora
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommended container for Xiph codecs.
- Ogg Skeleton: Skeleton information on all logical content bitstreams in Ogg.
- SpeexRTP: RTP payload format for voice
- VorbisRTP: RTP payload format for general audio
- TheoraRTP: RTP payload format for video
- XSPF: XML Sharable Playlist Format
- Compressed Audio/Video Codecs:
- Uncompressed Audio/Video Codecs:
- OggPCM: Audio codec
- Timed Text/Metadata Codecs:
- Other software
- OggComponent/VorbisComponent: Wrappers to integrate Ogg-Vorbis into Mac OS X (does not yet support encoding)
- MailOgging: project that provides templates for anyone willing to contact a company requesting them to add support for Xiph formats.
Work in Progress
- Work In Progress: codecs and software still in the research and development stages.
- Todo: To-do list for various Xiph.Org project.
- AdminProcesses: who's in charge of what project
- MonthlyMeeting: page with information on Xiph's MonthlyMeeting
- MailingLists: list of Xiph's mailing lists
- Bounties: list of bounties that you can take to improve Xiph's projects
Resources for Video and Audio programmers
- Ambisonics: page with technical information on Ambisonics
- Courses and papers on Audio, Music and Speech: page with links to MIT and other University's content