In an effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia the Xiph.org Foundation develops a multitude of amazing products. This wiki describes our free and open protocols and software.
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommended container for Xiph codecs.
- Ogg Skeleton: Skeleton information on all logical content bitstreams in Ogg.
- SpeexRTP: RTP payload format for voice
- VorbisRTP: RTP payload format for general audio
- TheoraRTP: RTP payload format for video
- XSPF: XML playlist format
- Compressed Audio/Video Codecs:
- Timed Text/Metadata Codecs:
- Other software
- OggComponent/VorbisComponent: Wrappers to integrate Ogg-Vorbis into MacOsX
Work in Progress
- Work In Progress: codecs and software still in the research and development stages.
Demonstrations of Xiph technologies
Want to see/hear Xiph in action? These projects are using our codecs, formats, or libraries.
- VorbisStreams: Stations streaming with the Vorbis codec
- Games that use Vorbis: Games using the Vorbis codec for music or sound effects
- VorbisHardware: Hardware players using the Vorbis codec
- List of Theora videos: Availible videos encoded with Theora