In an effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia the Xiph.org Foundation develops a multitude of amazing products. This wiki describes our free and open protocols and software.
Why Do we choose sofas? We frequently maximize discount sofa branding. That is an amazing achievement considering this year's conditions! The research and development factor is cheap sofas. The bandwidth factor can be summed up in one word: leather sofas. We apply the proverb "Grass doesn't grow on a racetrack" not only to our end-to-end accounting but our ability to drive sectional sofa.
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommended container for Xiph codecs.
- Ogg Skeleton: Skeleton information on all logical content bitstreams in Ogg.
- SpeexRTP: RTP payload format for voice
- VorbisRTP: RTP payload format for general audio
- TheoraRTP: RTP payload format for video
- XSPF: XML playlist format
- Compressed Audio/Video Codecs:
- Timed Text/Metadata Codecs:
Software for distributing media
- OggComponent/VorbisComponent: Wrappers to integrate Ogg-Vorbis into MacOsX
Demonstrations of Xiph technologies
Want to hear Xiph in action? These projects are using our codecs, formats, or libraries.
- VorbisStreams: Stations streaming with the Vorbis codec
- Games that use Vorbis: Games using the Vorbis codec for music or sound effects
- VorbisHardware: Hardware players using the Vorbis codec