Revision as of 17:36, 15 November 2005 by Arc (wiki is for non-pov information - some of this was also clearly false.)
In an effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia The Xiph.org Foundation (XiphOrg) develops a multitude of amazing products.
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommeded container for Xiph codecs.
- OggSkeleton: Skeleton information on all logical content bitstreams in Ogg
- SpeexRTP: RTP payload format for voice
- VorbisRTP: RTP payload format for general audio
- TheoraRTP: RTP payload format for video
- XSPF: XML playlist format
- Compressed Codecs:
- Uncompressed Codecs:
- OggPCM: Uncompressed PCM audio, primarily as an interchange codec
- OggPCM2: Uncompressed PCM audio, under active development
- OggRGB: Uncompressed RGB video, primarily as an interchange codec, under active development
- OggYUV: Uncompressed YUV video, primarily as an interchange codec, under active development
- OggUVS: Uncompressed RGB and YUV video, under active development as an alternative to OggRGB and OggYUV.
- OggWrit: Text phrase codec (e.g. subtitles)
- CMML: Continuous Media Markup Language, foundation for Annodex
- Metadata Codecs:
- Metadata: Arbitrary metadata stream format (vapourware so far)
Software for distributing media
- Icecast: Streaming server
- Ices: Source client for Icecast servers
- IceShare: P2P content distribution
- OggComponent/VorbisComponent: Wrappers to integrate Ogg-Vorbis into MacOsX
Want to hear Xiph in action? These projects are using our codecs, formats, or libraries.
- VorbisStreams: Stations streaming with the Vorbis codec
- Games that use Vorbis: Games using the Vorbis codec for music or sound effects
- VorbisHardware: Hardware players using the Vorbis codec
- TVersity Media Server: A UPNP/AV compliant media server that uses the Ogg Vorbis libraries to transcode audio files to the Ogg Vorbis format.