In an effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia, the Xiph.Org Foundation develops a multitude of amazing products. This wiki describes our free and open protocols and software.
- 1 Demonstrations of Xiph technologies
- 2 Projects/Formats
- 3 Project management
- 4 Resources for Video and Audio programmers
- 5 Wiki internal
Demonstrations of Xiph technologies
Want to hear or see Xiph in action? These projects are using our codecs, formats, or libraries.
- OpusSupport: List of software and services supporting the Opus codec
- Vorbis Streams: Stations streaming with the Vorbis codec
- Games that use Vorbis: Games using the Vorbis codec for music or sound effects
- Vorbis Hardware: Hardware players using the Vorbis codec
- Vorbis Software Players: list of media players with out-of-box support for Vorbis
- Theora Hardware: Hardware using the Theora video codec
- Theora Software Players: list of media players with Theora support
- List of Theora videos: Sources for video encoded with Theora
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommended container for Xiph codecs.
- Ogg Skeleton: Skeleton information on all logical content bitstreams in Ogg.
- Specification of MIME types and respective codecs parameter
- SpeexRTP: RTP payload format for voice
- VorbisRTP: RTP payload format for general audio
- TheoraRTP: RTP payload format for video
- XSPF: XML Sharable Playlist Format
- Opus: Lossy, low-latency, general-purpose audio codec
- Vorbis: Lossy audio codec with a fixed point decoder
- FLAC: Free Lossless Audio Codec
- Theora: Lossy video codec
- Speex: Speech codec (obsoleted by Opus)
- OggPCM: Audio codec
- Kate: Format for lyrics and subtitles
- CMML: Continuous Media Markup Language, used for Annodex and subtitles (xine, vlc, gstreamer, and DirectShow support; obsoleted by Kate)
- Other software
- How to help
- Spread Open Media: project to promote Xiph formats.
- MailOgging: provides templates for anyone willing to contact a company requesting them to add support for Xiph formats.
- People: Who's who in Xiph.
Work in Progress
- Work In Progress: codecs and software still in the research and development stages.
- Todo: To-do list for various Xiph projects.
- AdminProcesses: who's in charge of what project
- MonthlyMeeting: page with information on Xiph's MonthlyMeeting
- MailingLists: list of Xiph's mailing lists
- Bounties: list of bounties that you can take to improve Xiph's projects
Resources for Video and Audio programmers
- Ambisonics: page with technical information on Ambisonics
- Educational Videos about audio/video technology.
- Courses and papers on Audio, Music and Speech: page with links to MIT and other universities' content
- Oggless: for ideas on how to use the different Xiph codecs outside Ogg
- XiphInfra:List of services: List of services the Xiph.Org Foundation uses.
- Translations: Do you feel like helping us with some translation work?
- XiphWiki:Sandbox: Test page for testing your Wiki-editing skills.
- XiphWiki:Copyrights: License used for all content posted on the XiphWiki.
- Logos: Logos of the various Xiph projects.