Revision as of 16:15, 3 March 2005 by Msmith (since the vorbis hardware page is obviously too obscure, link directly to it. Remove link to new hardware page.)
In an effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia The Xiph.org Foundation (XiphOrg) develops a multitude of amazing products.
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommeded container for Xiph codecs.
- OggSkeleton: Skeleton information on all logical content bitstreams in Ogg
- SpeexRTP: RTP payload format for voice
- VorbisRTP: RTP payload format for general audio
- TheoraRTP: RTP payload format for video
- Vorbis: Audio codec
- Tremor: Fixed-point decoder
- Theora: Video codec
- FLAC: Free Lossless Audio Codec
- Speex: Speech codec
- OggWrit: Text phrase codec (e.g. subtitles)
- Metadata: Arbitrary metadata stream format (vapourware so far)
- OggMNG: A mapping for encapsulating the MNG animation format in Ogg
Software for distributing media
- Icecast: Streaming server
- Ices: Source client for Icecast servers
- IceShare: P2P content distribution
Want to hear Xiph in action? These projects are using our codecs, formats, or libraries.
- VorbisStreams: Stations streaming with the Vorbis codec
- GamesThatUseVorbis: Games using the Vorbis codec for music or sound effects
- VorbisHardware: Hardware players using the Vorbis codec