Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
(Correct link to GamesThatUseVorbis, correct spelling of Vorbis.)
(Remove link to CategoryTodo, since it's unclear what such a page would contain, and the page doesn't exist)
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
Revision as of 16:16, 16 December 2004
After a long time, back again. WhatHappened
In an effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia The Xiph.org Foundation (XiphOrg) develops a multitude of amazing products.
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommeded container for Xiph codecs.
- SpeexRTP: RTP payload format for voice
- VorbisRTP: RTP payload format effort
- TheoraRTP: RTP payload format effort
- Vorbis: Audio codec
- Tremor: Fixed-point decoder
- Theora: Video codec
- FLAC: Free Lossless Audio Codec
- Speex: Speech codec
- Writ: Text phrase codec (e.g. subtitles)
- Metadata: Arbitrary metadata stream format (vapourware so far)
Software for distributing media
- Icecast: Streaming server
- Ices: Source client for Icecast servers
- IceShare: P2P content distribution
Want to hear Xiph in action? These projects are using our codecs, formats, or libraries.
- VorbisStreams: Stations streaming with the Vorbis codec
- GamesThatUseVorbis: Games using the Vorbis codec for music or sound effects
- Sandbox: Testbed for testing editing skills.