List of Theora videos
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of sites where you can download videos encoded with Theora.
Serial and Episodic
- Geek Entertainment TV
- A weekly video-cast covering technology topics, in an interview format. Many Ogg Theora format videos in the 2007 and prior archives.
- INTERNAUTAS TELEVÍSION
- Spanish website with clips from Andaluzian tv station. Content licensed under CC-BY-NC.
- All videos, after late-2007, are in Ogg Theora format. There is an RSS feed available to be alerted to new videos, as they become available.
- Archive of the House of Representatives and Senate (USA) floor footage.
- Missoula City Council
- Open Gov makes it easier for people to set up metavid and Theora for their own city councils.
- Rustbelt TV
- Pittsburgh Indymedia's TV program based on Rustbelt Radio (audio available as ogg vorbis).
- Features the stories of individuals hacking everyday life, with environmental sustainability.
- A video show providing news, reviews, and general discussion about open source initiatives, since 2006.
Video Sharing Services
- A video sharing website which allows the upload and the download of Ogg Theora files.
- Engage Media
- A video sharing website which focuses on social justice and environmental issues in South East Asia.
- Theora Sea
- A directory of online and free videos using ITheora.
- A video syndication network which uses only open source software, in order to provide free and equal access to the video source.
- Wikimedia Commons
- An archive database of 644,951 media files, to which anyone can contribute.
- 11200 Undo
- A short movie about computer, religion, sex, glue and so on...
- Big Buck Bunny
- An open content short animated film by the Blender Institute. Also known as by the project codename, Peach. Available in 720p and smaller sizes.
- Lego Movies
- Two short movies: A New Computer and Swim.
- More Lego Movies
- Submissions from a Theora-only animation contest.
- Shock Doctrine
- A short film by Alfonso Cuarón and Naomi Klein, directed by Jonás Cuarón.
- Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women (1967) and The Snow Creature (1954)
- Full-length public domain movies from the Internet Archive's collection.
- 1696 Lightnings
- Visual and audible demonstration of a lightning storm in Montreal.
- Deep Vision
- Technical demonstrations of the features of Deep Vision's Machine Perception.
- Two videos on computer graphic engines: fijuu2 and q3apd.
- Editing Archive TV
- EATV provides streaming video of anime, machinima, and video games.
- TV Mallorca
- TV Mallora (spanish) is providing an Ogg Theora stream.
- Open Access Internet TV channel streaming in Ogg Theora
- Recording of a speech on copyright, at Auckland University, New Zealand.
- Creative Commons
- Informational videos about Creative Commons, a charitable corporation which promotes alternative copyright licenses.
- Free Electrons Conferences
- technical talks given at conferences about free software.
- Freedom Fry
- Short film celebrating the 25th anniversary of the GNU operating system, starting Stephen Fry, entitled Happy birthday to GNU.
- GNU and FSF Audio and Video Repository
- Collection of audio and video content, primarily speeches on Free Software.
- GPLv3 Conference, January 16-17 2006
- Speeches by Peter Brown, Eben Moglen and Richard Stallman.
- GNU Project's Philosophy Speeches
- Featuring Richard Stallman and others.
- Two speeches by Richard Stallman: What's GNU? and St. IGNUcius.
- Demonstration videos for AIGLX, a project that aims to enable GL-accelerated effects on a standard desktop.
- Combination of Theora video examples, from Open Source Forum 2005 and other events.
- Community foo
- A speech by Dimitris Glezos, from the Fedora Project, at FOSSComm 2008. (Greek language)
- Fedora 9
- Video demonstration of Resizing feature in Fedora 9. (Hebrew language)
- FOSDEM Speeches
- Video recordings of Free and Open Source developer talks held at FOSDEM editions from 2005 and onward.
- KDE Day
- Video recordings of technical talks at a conference commemorating the release of KDE 4, in Toulouse, France.
- MacSlow Blog
- A few videos demonstrating GUI elements, linked from a developer's blog.
- Novell Brainshare
- The three keynote speeches which were presented at Novell's Brainshare, in 2006.
- Red Hat Videos
- Videos about the GNU/Linux vendor's customers and solutions.
- The official repository of videos by the openSUSE people, such as software developer interviews, instructional screencasts, and conference speeches.
- Twisted Lincoln
- Two instructional videos on the use of the GNU/Linux operating system.
- Ubuntu Screencasts and Ubuntu Videos
- Video tutorials and graphical demonstrations on how to use the Ubuntu operating system.
- WebJam 3
- Short video highlight of the WebJam 3, held in 2007. Media is free of copyright restrictions (public domain).
- Pragmatic Programmer
- Technical tutorial screencasts for sale. Some screencasts and screencast previews are available in Ogg Vorbis format, including The Ruby Object Model and Metaprogramming, Erlang by Example, and Everyday Active Record.
- Ulm CCC Chaosseminar
- Computer-security conference speeches. (German language)
- Theora Hardware: List of hardware-players supporting Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwarePlayers: List of media players that can play Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwareEncoders: List of software that can encode to Ogg Theora
- TheoraDecoders: List of decoder implementations
- TheoraEncoders: List of encoder implementations
- List of Theora videos: Get some files to see what the codec's like
- Games that use Theora: List of known games that use Theora
- TheoraTestsuite: Different samples to test player compliance