Daala is the code-name for a new video compression technology.
The goal of the project is to provide a free-to-implement, -use and -distribute digital media format
and reference implementation with technical performance superior to H.265.
Please see the main page for more information.
- Daala Quickstart (Linux/MacOS)
- Daala Quickstart (Windows)
- Daala Weekly Meetings
- Daala To-do List
- Daala Roadmap
- Intra-prediction within Daala
- Xiph Code Reviews - there is a proposal on the review process here
- Daala Git Repository
- Monty's Demo Pages
- Daala Emailing List - join up for fresh emails!
- Daala Status Board
- 2015-01-31 Next up: FOSDEM 2015
- 2015-01-14 Tim Terriberry's presentation at Linux Conf 2015 - presentation summary - slides
- 2014-09-16 Daala: Are We Compressed Yet?
- 2014-06-25 Sparsity Induced Prediction for Images and Video
- 2013-10-23 Opus and Daala: State of the Art Royalty-free Codecs - accompanying slides
- 2013-09-30 Daala Coding Party 2 - unlord's slides
- 2013-05-02 Tim Terriberry Presents Daala