- Reduce waste when splitting at high bit-rate?
- fix start/end energy prediction
- Revert N=1 allocation special case?
- Revisit folding
- Can we remove the need to fold on split?
- Should we do L/R folding?
- Should we fold the side (probably not)?
- Band-aligned folding?
Still possible, but probably not a good idea
- Enable new layout with more HF bands
- Remove 2-phase stereo?
Tuning (nothing that really needs fixing, but it's still open)
- Temporal masking
- Band layout (spacing)
- qtheta offset
- delta allocation
- fine offset
- Spreading/folding parameter