Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Uniform quantisation
- Control over the amount of spreading/folding introduced
- Make it have the same shape as the rest of the spectrum
- Band layout (spacing)
- Bit allocation
- Spreading/folding parameter
Other decisions to make
- Should we use raw bits or now?
- What should we do about remaining bits after the last PVQ?
- more fine energy?
- encode bands backward?
- allow "fractional pulses"
Old TODO list
- raw bits
Use the last bits after PVQ (for fine energy?)
- adaptive folding
- finalize folding details
- Decide on folding gain
- dynamic allocation
Using PVQ for coarse energy?
- configuration packet
- revisit stereo coupling
- stereo allocation
- tune everything
increase max pulses more pulses for N>5 Fast CWRS for N=3 change if(_n<=6) to if(_n<=6 || _m>255) in ncwrs_u32 Use real limits in fits_in32()
- Tune for lower sampling rates
Improve dynamic range by changing the energy floor Laplace encoder Make ft=32768 to save some divisions Use the last symbols to have a wider range
- Investigate other transient algorithms