Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Band layout (spacing)
- Bit allocation
- Main table
- qtheta offset
- fine offset
- energy prediction parameters (means, decay)
- Spreading/folding parameter
- Delta adjustment
- Can we remove all of the old code?
- Split below 32-bit
- Partial remixing of short blocks?
- Make split more efficient
- Support for LN=-1
- Minimise bits left after PVQ
- Reverse band ordering?
- Fractional pulses?
- Dynamic allocation
- Include a way to deviate from the normal bit allocation?
- Better stereo coupling
- Better support for "intensity stereo"?
Other decisions to make
- Should we use raw bits or not?
- What should we do about remaining bits after the last PVQ?
- more fine energy?
- encode bands backward?
- allow "fractional pulses"
- Include a configuration packet for more flexibility? (probably not)
- Use a min width for ebands that's equal to the number of short blocks?