Jump to navigation Jump to search
This talk introduces CELT, a new open source codec from Xiph.Org designed for high-quality communication with very low delay.
- We want very high quality VoIP/videoconference/...
- Speex doesn't reach a high enough quality level and Vorbis has too much latency.
- For once, open-source is ahead of the proprietary codecs.
- Explaining why latency is an issue
- How CELT works
- API and writing for low latency
- Comparison, samples
- Low-delay demo (e.g. vs Skype or Ekiga)