VorbisComment is the simplest and most widely-supported mechanism for storing metadata with Xiph.Org codecs. For other existing and proposed mechanisms, see [[Metadata]].
www. game- market. de
== Proposed field names ==
* [http://age.hobba.nl/audio/mirroredpages/ogg-tagging.html Ogg Vorbis Comment Field Recommendations]
* [http://gophernet.org/articles/vorbiscomment/ Proposals for extending Ogg Vorbis comments]
Comments are intended to be free-form, but for the purposes of interoperability, it is helpful to define tag sets for particular applications, and provide some guidelines for machine parsing. Note that some field names have to be non-free-form to achieve machine parsing.
* XMPlay 3.4.2: no problem
* Nero ShowTime: no problem
'''Tested hardware players'''
* Logitech Squeezebox:
doesn't play this file ( and all other oggs with embedded picture) ** Workaround: The needed Server Software (called SqueezeCenter) can convert ogg to mp3 on the fly, and has also no problem to convert oggs with embedded pictures
* Sandisk Sansa Fuze (Firmware 01.01.22): Hangs up when trying to playback the demo file - had to reset the player
** Note: The "Fuze" can play ogg vorbis files which have embedded pictures from "Easytag"
* Cowon D2: no problem (latest Firmware: 2.59, 8GB Version)
* iRiver E100: no problem (latest Firmware: 1.16 G_U, 8GB Version)
'''Tested tag editors'''
* Easytag 2.1.6: can open the file to edit the normal tag fields
* MP3Tag 2.42e: can open the file to edit the normal tag fields
'''Tested other software'''
* Total Recorder:
can open the file without a problem.
==== Unofficial COVERART field (deprecated) ====
* the base64 string is displayed within many tag editors as plain text because of their missing support for this "COVERART" field
* it may breaks the playback on hardware players because of a large VorbisComment header
The unofficial "COVERART" field is supported for example by such software as AudioShell (http://www.softpointer.com/AudioShell.htm) and Total Recorder (http://www.totalrecorder.com/).
===== Conversion to METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE =====
* Encode the new picture block, remove the COVERART tag from the comments and add the METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE entry.
* If multiple tags are being converted the order of the METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE tags should be the same as that of the COVERART tags they are replacing.
=== Date and time ===
==== ISO proposal ====
The date format for any field describing a date must follow the ISO
scheme: YYYY-MM-DD, shortened to just YYYY-MM or simply YYYY.
We have been recommending this usage with the DATE tag for some time. It is proposed that the spec be amended to include this information for machinability.
The ''Dublin Core Metadata Initiative'' recommends the use of ‘rights’ to describe license and copyright matters. The web feed format Atom 1.0 has implemented a rights element in their specification.
==== Improving existing fields proposal ====
See http://www.replaygain.org/ for detailed information about Replay Gain and how the different values are calculated.
== Implementations ==