XML Shareable Playlist Format (XSPF), pronounced spiff, is a next-generation playlist format. This wiki is for developers.
The mime type for XSPF playlists is application/xspf+xml, although it has not yet been registered with IANA.
New Supporting Applications
These are applications which support XSPF and have not yet been added to the [[main applications list]].
* Jamendo (jamendo.com) * 'You have to be a member and to select "XSPF" in your preferences to use them by default, but you can look and test a sample playlist here :' http://www.jamendo.com/get/track/id/album/audio/xspf/1003/?aue=ogg2 * http://www.ArtistServer.com * on artist profile pages http://www.artistserver.com/bliss * on stations and playlists http://www.artistserver.com/stations/ * on genre pages http://www.artistserver.com/DownTempo
- Source control for source code, spec, xslt, validation: http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/xspf/
- Source control for web site: http://svn.xiph.org/websites/xspf.org/
- A survey of playlist formats, by Lucas Gonze
- Todo list for migrating mailing list from musicbrainz to xiph
This wiki is new as of spring 2005; are you looking for the old XSPF wiki?)