These links usually point to the page with instructions on how to listen to a stream, not to the station's main homepage. We don't link directly to the stream because they tend to move around, because the stations like having people visit their websites, and this way you can compare Vorbis with the other legacy proprietary codecs many of these stations still use.
Automatically updated stream directories
- Icecast directory, The official xiph.org stream directory.
- Visonair, An open-access Internet TV network. Provides a directory of Ogg Vorbis and Theora streams.
- Musicgoal, Provides a directory of Ogg Vorbis streams.
- Radio Indymedia, Promotes open-publishing with an aggregated stream list. Identifies Ogg Vorbis streams.
- Openradio, Promotes a directory of stations which use open streaming codecs.
- Adagio.FM A classical music station playing music from the medieval period.
- BBR Backstreet Backlash Records, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Bermudafunk Independent radio for the Rhein/Neckar-region, Germany.
- BlueGrassRadio 108 24h Bluegrass & Related Music - Tallinn, Estonia
- Brazillbient Lounge Easy listening for punk rockers.
- CBC Radio One & Two public radio, Toronto, Canada.
- CKUT-FM Non-profit campus-community radio station based at McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
- CJSW University of Calgary student radio, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Český Rozlas Three public-radio channels, Czech Republic.
- CUR 1350-AM University of Cambridge student radio, Churchill College, Cambridge, UK.
- DANCE RADIO CZ Dance radio channels, Czech Republic.
- Death.FM Blasts the best in Black and Death Metal.
- Desde Eusebio Ayala Departamento de la Cordillera, Paraguay.
- Deutschlandradio + Deutschlandradio Kultur News and classical music, Germany.
- EBM Radio Futurepop and industrial music, Germany.
- FM4 Austria.
- FRS Freies Radio für Stuttgart, non-commercial Radio, Germany.
- FREIRAD Community radio, Innsbruck, Austria (in German).
- frequence3 Webradio Francophone, pop+dance, France.
- FullVibes Underground techno, hardtek, breakbeat, jungle, and drumnbass radio.
- IRS TLIS College Radio, Bratislava, Slovakia.
- KAMP-AM University of Arizona student radio, Tucson, Arizona, USA.
- Kohina Plays the soundtracks to C64 and Atari games.
- KPFA-FM Pacifica Network public radio, Berkeley, California, USA.
- KRCL-FM Community radio, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- KVCU-AM Radio 1190, Independent Music, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- Metal Express Predominantly hard rock and traditional, thrash, melodic, glam, and progressive metal.
- LORA München Talk radio, Munich, Germany.
- LUVeR Love-Underground-Visionary-Revolution, Berkeley, California, USA.
- M94.5 Student radio, Munich, Germany.
- Magnatune Stream of the Magnatune label music library, requires subscription fee, Berkeley, California, USA.
- MoeRadio Local broadcaster, Latvia.
- Network 76 24/7 talk radio.
- NRK Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, all channels live.
- Omroep Venray Local public radio station, Venray, Netherlands.
- ORF FM-4 Pop/rock music, Vienna, Austria.
- Ormgas OC remixez, Toronto, Ontario.
- Party107 100% commercial-free Internet radio, Nixa, Missouri, USA.
- Radio 1190 Independent music, University of Colorado at Boulder, USA.
- Radio Akropolis Prague, Czech Republic.
- Radio Canada 1 & 2 Public radio, Montréal, Québec, Canada (in French).
- Radio FG Techno music, Paris, France.
- Radio 404 Unusual music, mostly electro, Paris, France.
- Radio RMX House music, France.
- Radio France Eight channels, Paris, France.
- Radio Mania Rock music, Tallinn, Estonia.
- Radio Six International Eclectic music mix, Glasgow, Scotland.
- Radio Słuchaj.com Poland.
- RadioVaasa Finland.
- STREAPS Audio Stream Merger.
- Surge Southampton University student radio, Southampton, United Kingdom.
- Tilos Radio Public non-mainstream radio in Budapest, Hungary.
- Univalle Estereo Cali, Columbia.
- URN 1350-AM Student radio, Nottingham, United Kingdom.
- Virgin Radio, United Kingdom.
- WBUR-FM, NPR news and talk, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- WCBN-FM University of Michigan student radio, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.
- WCLV-FM classical music, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
- WCPE-FM classical music, Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA.
- WFMU-FM freeform radio, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA.
- WGDR-FM community radio, Plainfield, Vermont, USA.
- WKNC-FM North Carolina State University student radio, North Carolina, USA.
- WRCT-FM Carnegie Mellon University student radio, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
- WSIA-FM CUNY student radio, Staten Island, New York, New York, USA.
- WXDU-FM Duke University student radio, Durham, North Carolina, USA.
- WXYC-FM University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill student radio, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA.
- Democracy Now is a news program broadcast daily in the USA.
- LugRadio is a fortnightly talk show about GNU/Linux and free software.
- Quirks & Quarks is a science program broadcast weekly in Canada.
- News from Neptune a weekly radio show that covers the news of the week and its coverage by the media.
These streams are no longer working; they are mentioned for historical interest.
- BBC test stream offline since 2003-01-03.
- Free radio Linux speech synthesizer reading the Linux source code, offline since mid-2004.
- San Francisco Liberation Radio busted by the feds, offline since 2003-10-15.