Ogg Vorbis is a patent-clear, fully open general purpose audio encoding format standard that rivals or surpasses the 'upcoming' generation of proprietary coders (AAC and TwinVQ, also known as VQF).
libvorbis, a BSD-licensed source implementation of Vorbis as a library is available; See the Ogg Vorbis page for documentation, downloads and distribution terms.
Further, many players support Ogg Vorbis; see vorbis.com for a list of all the players we know about.
- VorbisHardware: List of hardware-players supporting Ogg Vorbis
- GamesThatUseVorbis: List of games using Ogg Vorbis
- VorbisTools: Reference tools maintained by Xiph.org
- VorbisSoftwarePlayers: List of media players that can play Ogg Vorbis
- VorbisDecoders: List of decoders (e.g. Xiph, Tremor, JOrbis, etc)
- VorbisEncoders: List of encoders (e.g. Xiph, aoTuV, GT)