Todo list for xiph.org.
If you're interested in helping out, this is a good place to start. Also, asking on irc (#vorbis, #theora, #annodex or #xiph on irc.freenode.net) is a good way to get oriented.
- Add OggIndex/Ogg_Skeleton_4 support to Cortado.
- Add OggIndex/Ogg_Skeleton_4 support to VLC.
- Add OggIndex/Ogg_Skeleton_4 support to liboggz.
- Add OggIndex/Ogg_Skeleton_4 support to ffmpeg.
- See OggIndex-Migration for other projects which need OggIndex support.
- OggIndex needs Speex support.
- Ices needs Speex support
- Icecast toolchain needs support for WebM.
- Icecast toolchain needs support for CELT. NOTE: CELT Ogg encapsulation may change.
- Oggenc and Ogg123 need OggPCM support (encoding and playback respectively)
- Test and fix 'downstream' applications
- Create Xiph.Org conference swag: brochures, posters, toys, demo disks, etc. (don't do this without coordinating with folks)
- Update the todos
Several projects have their own todo lists in the wiki.
We always need people to help with the websites as well.
- Find and fix bugs, bad links, outdated, and incorrect information.
- More HTML5 multimedia content for our websites, both useful things like presentation videos and the primer as well as (tasteful) dancing baloney.
- Better integrate our web resources:
- Mailing lists archives and Wiki could be more extensively integrated into the websites, e.g. sections automatically fed with recent posts/edits to relevant pages/lists.
- Make planet.xiph.org more publicly visible? (need to reduce the offtopic posts the leak through)
- Local blogging platform so JM / Xiphmont don't need to use livejournal— in particular having nice media support would be nice (ugh, more software to maintain)
- Make Media.xiph.org more reasonably structured and prettier (Apng previews? WebM renders?)
- See also the Bounties page