Revision as of 11:38, 1 July 2010 by DOS386
- VLC Media Player: Open Source media player and streaming server that support virtually every video and audio format
- Xiph Plugins for Real Player/Producer
- Quicktime components for Quicktime 6 and Quicktime 7 – QuickTime and Macintosh OS X plug-ins
- Mplayer: Open Source video player (some limitations)
- CorePlayer: A multimedia platform for mobile and desktop computer systems
- Cortado: Java applet playing ogg/theora/vorbis
- Mozilla Firefox: Open Source web browser, since version 3.5 (was 3.1 beta)
- Opera Web browser (closed source freeware), in experimental builds from 2007-Nov (very buggy), 10.5x versions (official support, but still had problems), and version 10.60 (2010-Jul-01) and newer (should be mature, also supports WebM/VP8 video)
- Google Chrome: Web browser (supports both Theora and H264)
- Safari 3.1 and later: Web browser if the XiphQT components are installed
- DirectShow filter: Adds support for Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, Ogg Theora, Ogg FLAC, and native FLAC to any DirectShow-compliant player such as Windows Media Player and BSPlayer
- Visonair.tv Player: Freeware player - Plays Ogg Vorbis and Theora streams
- Helix Player - an open source media player for Linux, Solaris, and Symbian based on the Helix DNA Client media engine.
- Totem - a Free Software (GPL-licensed) media player based on xine or GStreamer media engine.
- Xine: a Free Software (GPL-licensed) media player, complete with its own media engine and a long list of supported formats.
Mac OS X
- Xine: a Free Software (GPL-licensed) media player, complete with its own media engine and a long list of supported formats. Supports Darwin/MacOS X (ppc) via the fink project.
- Theora Hardware: List of hardware-players supporting Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwarePlayers: List of media players that can play Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwareEncoders: List of software that can encode to Ogg Theora
- TheoraDecoders: List of decoder implementations
- TheoraEncoders: List of encoder implementations
- List of Theora videos: Get some files to see what the codec's like
- Games that use Theora: List of known games that use Theora
- TheoraTestsuite: Different samples to test player compliance