Revision as of 17:58, 30 October 2007 by Xiando (Not sure if it's appropriate to point out total outrage flaws in theora encoders, but people might as well see the truth when they consider what tools to (ab)use.)
- ffmpeg2theora a commandline encoder from any format read by ffmpeg to Ogg Theora/Vorbis: svn, latest releases.
- WARNING: Has serious audio sync problems on many files.
- VLC Media Player Can transcode from any source it supports into Ogg/Theora.
- WARNING: Apparently creates broken Ogg streams.
- GStreamer GStreamer is a library that allows the construction of graphs of media-handling components, ranging from simple Ogg/Vorbis playback to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing.
- Visonair.tv Ogg Streamer A windows application to stream directly from a webcam to an Icecast server.
- Visonair.tv Virtual Stage Includes an application to encode to Ogg Theora, forces fixed size and encoding parameters though. Registration required.
- GFrontend ffmpeg2theora GUI Frontend for ffmpeg2theora
- MediaCoder Application to encode media files into many target formats, including Ogg Theora.
- SUPER General purpose converter application, also serves as a frontend to ffmpeg2theora.
GNU/Linux / BSD
- Thoggen is a DVD backup utility ('DVD ripper') for Linux, based on GStreamer and Gtk+.
- Freej Freej is a realtime video mixer. It can stream ogg theora vorbis live to icecast. Check here for more info.
- OggConvert is a small Gnome utility which uses GStreamer to convert (almost) any media file to Ogg Vorbis, Theora and Dirac.
Mac OS X
- XiphQT allows you to export from Quicktime, or any application supporting Quicktime (i.e. Final Cut Pro), to Ogg Theora/Vorbis.
- Simple Theora Encoder an ffmpeg2theora frontend
- Theora Hardware: List of hardware-players supporting Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwarePlayers: List of media players that can play Ogg Theora
- TheoraSoftwareEncoders: List of software that can encode to Ogg Theora
- TheoraDecoders: List of decoder implementations
- TheoraEncoders: List of encoder implementations
- List of Theora videos: Get some files to see what the codec's like
- Games that use Theora: List of known games that use Theora
- TheoraTestsuite: Different samples to test player compliance