- > is possible: ffmpeg2theora -f image2 frame%06d.ppm -o output.ogg)
- > remove ffmpeg2theora section since the bugs / enhancements listed are in svn
- > FFPMEG2THEORA - bug is fixed in svn, also trac.xiph.org would be a better place for bug reports
Thanks. Is it supposed to work (undocumented) in 0.19 or will it be in 0.20 ?
Doesn't work for me with PNG in 0.19 ... "frame%06d.ppm" is one file ? And what the "%" is supposed to mean ? Please release 0.20 soon and document the features and syntax ;-)
ffmpeg2theora -f image2 *.png -o output.ogg -> Failure
Is / will be PNG (and BMP) supported or only PPM ?
DOS386 07:39, 2 August 2007 (PDT)
- Bugs not fixed in 0.20, now 0.21 is out, will retest DOS386 21:56, 28 May 2008 (PDT)
Lossless compression for Theora II ?
Could theora II also have lossless compression integrated.
For many people it is important, especially people who take their movies seriously. or when it matters to have no data loss. Xpete
- You had asked this on Talk:Main_Page already. We now have:
- HuffYUV (free, but GPL'ed, no OGG support)
- Lagarith (free, but GPL'ed, no OGG support)
- Dirac lostless mode (BSD-like free, but not yet ready)
- IMHO no need for Theora lostless. I suggest suspending this issue for a month or 2, then, when Theora 1.0 is out and Dirac is more mature, choose a preferred OGG lostless video codec ;-) DOS386 21:52, 28 May 2008 (PDT)
Are these features okay for theora or not?
Thank you for the open source codex theora with tools. It looks like there are a lot of features which is very good. However there is no variable frame rate support.
Is there double buffering in the theora decoder?
On blendernation there was an article where there was talked about double buffering added in a theora decoder, or something like that. (I'm not sure and haven't found the article on blendernation.)
This was part of adding a video texture player in Blender: 
When searching with google, there is no mentioning of double buffering in the theora decoder.
Wat is interesting to read, with integrating double buffering in the blender video project. The cpu consumption was a lot lower.
Are these things good ideas for the theora project?