On May 10, 2009, VinIPSmaker wrote:
- MNG compression is better than APNG compression. MNG can be lossless (using PNG) and lossy (JNG - JPEG with alpha channel).
- We don't need the backward-compatibility. I prefer the use of MNG instead APNG in ogg and other media containers.
- APNG could be a transitional image format for browsers even them support MNG.
On January 29, 2008, under Implementation Notes, wrote:
- Because of OggSpots, an extra presentational format for presentation slide-like stuff isn't needed
- In a presentation, you can also just pause the presentation, video for showing things.
On August 9, 2005, under Further Speculation, Sayoshant wrote:
- Some people, including staff members of Mozilla, believe MNG should be replaced by APNG, a superset extension of PNG with multi-image support, but that should still be backwards-compatibility.
- I, non-Xiph member, wonder on other hand if OggMNG should become OggAPNG or actually keep the project as MNG.
When will the development start? Are there any chance of devlopment start when the Theora 1.1 finish?